FORT PIERCE, Fl. – The Penn State Behrend baseball team dropped a non-conference contest to Lebanon Valley, 6-4, in the second game of their spring break trip in Fort Pierce, Florida.
Score: Lebanon Valley 6, Penn State Behrend 4
Records: Lebanon Valley (4-0) Penn State Behrend (1-1)
* Lebanon Valley never trailed in the contest to remain undefeated at 4-0
* After the Flying Dutchmen took a 2-0 lead in the first, Behrend tied it with two unearned runs in the third
* Three scoreless innings went by before LVC went ahead 4-2 with another pair of runs in the sixth
* In the seventh, John Brittner (Zelinople, PA/Seneca Valley) hit a sacrifice fly to score Jake Deitz (Erie, PA/McDowell) to make it 6-3
* The Lions made a run in the ninth with Scott Sada's (Saegertown, PA/Saegertown) second double of the game to knock in Mason McGuire (Pittsburgh, PA/Upper St. Clair)
* Sada finished with a pair of doubles for his two hits, while Tanner Cicchini (Pittsburgh, PA/Upper St. Clair) added a triple
* Freshman Thomas Zbeznski (Gibsonia, PA/Pine Richland) started on the hills and went four innings with four strikeouts
* Brady Kress (Harmony, PA/Seneca Valley) came in and pitched the next three innings of relief to record the loss
* Deitz also added a pair of hits in Behrend's seven on the day
* The Behrend Lions return to action tomorrow against Houhgton at 10 a.m. in Fort Pierce, Florida.