ERIE, Pa. – The Penn State Behrend baseball team recorded a 7-4 win over Allegheny in non-conference action on Monday afternoon.
Scores: Penn State Behrend 7, Allegheny 4
Records: Penn State Behrend (14-7), Allegheny (10-11)
* The Behrend Lions are have won 12 of their last 14 games
* Allegheny generated 11 hits and stranded 15 runners in the nine innings
*Senior pitcher Brady Kress (Zelienople, PA/Seneca Valley) made his first collegiate start and had his longest appearance on the mound of his career for his second win of the season
* Kress struck out three and allowed two earned runs in six innings of work
* Relief pitcher Ryan Weaver (North Huntingdon, PA/Norwin) came in with bases loaded top of the seventh and got the final out on one pitch to get the Lions out of a jam
* Weaver finished the game and earned his second save of the season
* John Brittner (Zelienople, PA/Seneca Valley) was the only one with multiple hits for Behrend, going 3-for-5 with a double
* Scott Sada (Saegertown, PA/Saegertown) managed to get another double and keep his hitting streak alive with that lone hit
* Joshua Wagner (South Park, PA/South Park) hit a two RBI double in the first get the Lions on the board and then Mason McGuire (Pittsburgh, PA/Upper St. Clair) followed in the third with a two RBI single to left field for a 4-0 lead
* Behrend avenged a 16-run loss to the Gators last week and snapped a six-game losing skid to Allegheny
* Sada has 80 career doubles and is two away from breaking the NCAA Division III career record for doubles. Sam Dexter (2013-16) of Southern Maine holds the record of 81 in 194 games played
* The Behrend Lions return to action on Wednesday against Medaille for an AMCC doubleheader. Game one is set for 1 p.m.