ERIE, Pa. - The Penn State Behrend men's basketball team hosts Pitt-Greensburg in their first Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) home game of the New Year on Saturday at 4 p.m.
Behrend News & Notes
* The Lions have won eight straight contests, recently defeating Medaille 77-57 on Wednesday night
* Senior guard Andy Niland (Fairview, PA/Fairview) was named the AMCC Player of the Week for the final two weeks of play in December. He helped the Lions post three wins, including two at the Defiance Tournament
* Justin Gorny (South Park, PA/South Park) has been the leading scorer for Behrend in six games, pacing the Lions against the Mavericks with 18 points and six rebounds
* The Behrend Lions rank second in the conference behind La Roche with 5-1 AMCC record
*Behrend continues to rank in the NCAA Division III statistics Top 10 in four categories: 4th in assist-turnover ration (1.77), sixth in scoring defense (60.9), ninth in field-goal percentage (52.0) and 10th in assists per game (19.9).
Pitt-Greensburg News & Notes
* The Bobcats are 4-7 on the season and 1-3 in the AMCC
* Pitt-Greensburg is back in action since falling to Oberlin 73-59 a week ago
* The Bobcats defeated Houghton 74-69 to advance to the championship game of the Oberlin Holiday Classic
* Cam Seigfreid leads the team with 16.0 points per game and is shooting 82.2 percent from the free-throw line
* Seigfreid is second in the AMCC in scoring
* Behrend holds a 32-12 all-time record against Pitt-Greensburg dating back to 1997-98
* The Lions have won the last four contests
* The Bobcats last win was a 67-64 overtime victory in the AMCC semifinals in 2015-16