GREENSBURG, Pa. – Justin Gorny (South Park, PA/South Park) tied a career high with 28 points to lead the Penn State Behrend men's basketball team past Pitt-Greensburg 80-74 in Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) action on Saturday.
Score: Penn State Behrend 80, Pitt-Greensburg 74
Records: Penn State Behrend (20-3, 13-3 AMCC), Pitt-Greensburg (7-16, 4-12 AMCC)
* The Lions six-point difference came in the second half after a 36-all score after the first 20 minutes
* Behrend held an 11-point lead with 9:55 remaining in the game thanks to a Nolan Nuara triple
* The Lions held Greensburg scoreless for nearly five minutes and Nick Kotecki stopped the draught with a bucket at 6:31
* Behrend grew its lead to 13 and held on down the stretch for the six-point victory
* Gorny went 12-for-18 from the floor and added six rebounds
* Mike Fischer (Wexford, PA/ North Allegheny) and Andy Niland (Fairview, PA/ Fairview) added 14 points apiece
* Dan Wanker (Pittsburgh, PA/South Park) pulled down a game-best 10 rebounds
* The Lions continue to hit the mark with 50 percent shooting from the floor
* The Behrend Lions return to action on Wednesday for senior night against Medaille. Game time is 8 p.m.