BUFFALO, NY – The Penn State Behrend Lions ended the regular season on high note, defeating the host D'Youville College Spartans 3-0 on Tuesday night.
PSB clinched yet another Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference regular season championship this past Saturday after a 1-0 victory at Mount Aloysius College. Following Tuesday night's win, Penn State Behrend, the No. 1 seed in the upcoming AMCC Tournament, finished AMCC play with an 8-0-1 record. Penn State Behrend has outscored AMCC opposition 39-2 this season.
Score: Penn State Behrend 3, D'Youville 0
Records: Penn State Behrend (12-3-2, 8-0-1 AMCC), D'Youville College (4-8-2, 4-4-1 AMCC)
* The Behrend Lions opened the scoring early on Tuesday night, scoring a pair of goals early in the first half.
* Senior Nick McKee (Bridgeville, PA/South Fayette) scored his second goal of the season in the 11th minute. Fellow senior Ryan Maurer (Cranberry Township, PA/Seneca Valley) was credited with an assist.
* Just four minutes later, junior Andrew Mastovich (Murrysville, PA/Franklin Regional) netted his third goal of the year to give the Behrend Lions a 2-0 advantage.
* PSB held a 12-5 advantage on shots at halftime.
* In half number two, Penn State Behrend took a 3-0 lead when senior Dakota Lange (Apollo, PA/Kiski Area) beat a D'Youville defender. Lange's goal in the 55th minute was his sixth of the season. Junior Aaron Harris (Washington, PA/McGuffey) picked up an assist.
* Senior goalie Chris Ralph (Murrysville, PA/Franklin Regional) collected four saves and earned his eleventh win in between the posts.
* Penn State Behrend has posted 11 total shutouts this season
* Penn State Behrend will be the No. 1 seed in the upcoming AMCC Tournament. The Behrend Lions will host the winner of No. 4 Franciscan and No. 5 D'Youville on Wednesday, October 31. Kickoff on Halloween is scheduled for 7:30 p.m.