ERIE, Pa. – For the 12th straight season the Penn State Behrend men's soccer team will compete for an Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference Tournament title. The No. 1 seed Behrend Lions defeated No. 4 seed Franciscan 5-2 on Wednesday in the AMCC Tournament Semifinals.
Penn State Behrend will now host No. 2 Medaille in the AMCC Tournament Championship on Saturday, November 3, at 2:30 p.m.
Score: Penn State Behrend 5, Franciscan 2
Records: Penn State Behrend (13-3-2), Franciscan (12-7)
* The Behrend Lions got on the board first in Wednesday's semifinal. Aaron Harris (Washington, PA/McGuffey) slipped a through ball to Dakota Lange (Apollo, PA/Kiski Area) whose cross beat the Franciscan goalkeeper and was stabbed into the back of the net by Logan Brinsky (Pittsburgh, PA/Peters Township).
* In the 26th minute, a Franciscan foul in the box resulted in a penalty kick for PSB. Senior Ryan Maurer (Cranberry Twp, PA/Seneca Valley) stepped up and converted the PK to give the Behrend Lions a 2-0 lead. Behrend led 2-0 at halftime.
* In the second half Logan Brinsky scored on a pass from Nick McKee (Bridgeville, PA/South Fayette) to push Behrend's advantage 3-0.
* A minute later the Barons got on the scoreboard when Sebastian Koehler scored his 10th goal of the year.
* Penn State Behrend would add goals in the 69th and 86th minutes. Ryan Maurer added a second goal and Dakota Lange tallied a late score.
* Franciscan would add header with three seconds remaining in the game.
* Senior goalie Chris Ralph (Murrysville, PA/Franklin Regional) made five saves in the game.
* Penn State Behrend will making its 12th straight AMCC Tournament Finals appearance.
* Since 1997, Penn State Behrend has made the AMCC Tournament Finals 19 times.
* A win on Saturday would clinch Penn State Behrend's seventh berth in the NCAA Division III men's soccer tournament.