ROCHESTER, NY – The Penn State Behrend men's volleyball team dropped a pair of non-conference matches at Nazareth, falling to Elmira and Elms on Friday night.
Match One: Elmira 3, Penn State Behrend 2 (25-27, 25-20, 28-26, 23-25, 15-11)
Records: Penn State Behrend (3-1), Elmira (3-2)
* The Eagles snapped Behrend's three-match winning streak
* Two sets went into extra points, one in favor of the Lions to start the match
* In the third set, there were 14 ties. After 26-all and the final tie, the Lions had two errors to fall, 28-26.
* Behrend tallied double-digit kills in the first and third set (10, 15)
* The Lions forced double-digit erros in the two sets they won
* Junior Dillon Hildebrand (Red Lion, PA/Red Lion) led with 14 kills and JP Goodsel (Corry, PA/Corry) added 12 kills
* Senior Joey Reynolds (Saegertown, PA/Saegertown) tallied nine kills, five blocks and three aces
* Senior Anthony Sprentz (Cranberry Township, PA/Seneca Valley) dished out 37 assists
* Junior Josh Mathews (Rochester, NY/Churchville-Chili) had a team-high eight digs
Match Two: Elms 3, Penn State Behrend 0 (25-21, 25-19, 25-16)
Records: Penn State Behrend (3-2), Elms (7-1)
* Hildebrand had a team-best 10 kills on 24 attempts
* Sprentz added 21 assists to his 37 from the first match for 58 assists on the night
* The Lions trailed by one at 20-19 in the first set and the Bolts won five of the last seven points for an early lead
* Elms never trailed in the final two sets
* Sprentz also tallied a team-best seven digs
* Robert McMaster (North Huntingdon, PA/Norwin) is 15 digs away from becoming the program's all-time leader in digs
* Head Coach Phil Pisano need nine wins to reach 100 for his career with the men's program
* The Lions return to action tomorrow at St. John Fisher against the Cardinals at 11 a.m.