ERIE, Pa. – The Penn State Behrend men's volleyball team opened Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) action with a 3-0 decision over D'Youville on Thursday night in the Junker Center.
Score: Penn State Behrend 3, D'Youville 0 (25-15, 25-18, 25-17)
Records: Penn State Behrend (5-4, 1-0 AMCC), D'Youville (1-4, 0-1 AMCC)
* Behrend hit over .400 in the first two sets and finished with an attacking percentage of .346
* Dillon Hildebrand (Red Lion, PA/Red Lion) led with 14 kills on 25 attempts (.480) and added seven digs
* Hildebrand tallied a pair of kills and served four straight points for an 11-5 lead that would not relinquish in the first set
* Lions pulled away in the second set with an 8-3 run at the end, getting a pair of kills from Hildebrand and one from Cody Geis (Mechanicsburg, PA/Cumberland Valley)
* In the third set, Marcello Frollo (Penn Hills, PA/Penn Hills) served up an ace and Tyler Herrmann (Cranberry Township, PA/Seneca Valley) registered a kill for the final offensive points down the stretch for the sweep
* Herrmann finished with six kills, six digs and two blocks
* Senior Anthony Sprentz (Cranberry Township, PA/Seneca Valley) tallied 25 assists, four digs and three kills
* The win marks the sixth straight over the Spartans
* The Behrend Lions return to action on Tuesday at Medaille for an AMCC matchup beginning at 7 p.m.