ERIE, Pa. – The Penn State Behrend men's water polo team will travel to southern California this weekend to compete in the annual Gary Troyer Invitational. Pomona-Pitzer and Claremont-Mudd-Scripps will co-host this year's event. The tournament features over 20 programs from across the entire nation.
Friday, October 5 (Note all times are Pacific Standard Time)
* No. 10 Occidental 20, Penn State Behrend 3
* No. 2 Claremont-Mudd-Scripps 14, Penn State Behrend 4
Saturday, October 6 (Note all times are Pacific Standard Time)
Penn State Behrend News & Notes
* Three Behrend Lions have tallied double-digit goals this season. Isaak Hatopp leads PSB with 21 goals, Collin Holmes has added 17 goals and Austin Hoff ranks third on the team with 14 scores.
* Hatopp and Holmes have also contributed 21 and 19 steals respectively.
* Greg Kinzler leads Penn State Behrend with 10 assists on the season.
* Matt Olimski has been the primary goalkeeper for Penn State Behrend this year, totaling 127 saves and 19 steals. Frehsman Alijah Santangelo has gotten some experience in goal as well, playing in five games and making 28 saves.
Opponent News & Notes
* The Occidental Tigers are 7-4 on the season and are currently ranked No. 10 in the Collegiate Water Polo Association Division III Top 10 poll.
* Claremont-Mudd-Scripps is 7-1 on the season at the Staggs jumped up to No. 2 in the CWPA Division III Top 10 poll.
* The La Verne Leopards stand 3-12 in 2018, however ULV is ranked No. 8 in this week's CWPA Division III Top 10 poll.
* Caltech and Penn State Behrend have already met once this season back on September 8 in Erie. The Beavers (1-9) topped Penn State Behrend by a final score of 9-8.
* Occidental, CMS, La Verne and Caltech are all members of the Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SCIAC).