ERIE, Pa. - The Penn State Behrend women's basketball team open Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) action on Wednesday night at La Roche. The doubleheader begins at 6 p.m. followed by the men at 8 p.m.
Behrend News & Notes
* The Lions are looking to rebound from an 80-44 loss on Sunday at non-conference Adrian
* Last week, freshman guard Kara Haslett (Baden, PA/Ambridge) averaged double figures in a pair of games
* Haslett scored 11 points and added six rebounds vs. Wooster, before adding a season-best 18 vs. the Bulldogs
* Junior forward Morgan Atterholt (West Middlesex, PA/West Middlesex) pulled down a career-high 14 rebounds on Sunday
La Roche News & Notes
* The Redhawks have an overall record of 1-4 this season
* La Roche is coming off a 95-39 loss to No. 5 Thomas More at the Julie Costello Memorial Classic
* The Redhawks lone win was a 65-60 victory vs. Dominican on Saturday
* Junior forward Jenna Cole, who was named to the JC Classic All-Tournament Team, leads the AMCC with 21.2 points per game through five games
* Head Coach Kamela Gissendanner returns to lead the Redhawks after spending a year as an assistant coach at Division I La Salle. La Roche won five AMCC Championships in her first five seasons.
* Behrend and La Roche are meeting for the 49th time in program history
* The Lions hold a 27-21 all-time record against the Redhawks dating back to the 1996-97 season
* Last season, Behrend snapped a 12-game losing streak to La Roche with a 73-53 victory at home on Feb. 7