ERIE, Pa. - Shirleah Ragin led all scorers with 18 points to help the Pitt-Bradford women's basketball team defeat Penn State Behrend 62-52 in Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) on Saturday afternoon.
Score: Pitt-Bradford 62, Penn State Behrend 52
Records: Pitt-Bradford (2-4, 2-0 AMCC), Penn State Behrend (1-5, 0-2 AMCC)
* The Panthers jumped out to an 18-14 advantage after the opening quarter
* The Lions scored 27 total points between the second and third quarters to take a 41-38 lead heading into the final quarter
* The Panthers shot 8-for-15 (53.3%) to Behrend's 4-for-18 (22.2%) in the final quarter to complete the come-from-behind win
* The Lions trailed by just three with 3:29 to play, but Pitt-Bradford ended the game on a 19-8 run to pull away late in the contest
* Behrend had two players in double figures in the contest led by freshman forward Mia Cuccaro (Clinton, PA/Oakland Catholic) with 13 points
* Freshman guard Caitlin Carnuche (New Castle, PA/Mohawk) reached double figures in the scoring column for the second straight game.
* The Behrend Lions will travel to Hamburg, NY to face Hilbert in AMCC action on Wednesday at 6 p.m.