ERIE, Pa. – The Penn State Behrend women's basketball team defeated La Roche by a score of 70-69 in Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) action on Thursday evening.
Score: Penn State Behrend 70, La Roche 69
Records: Penn State Behrend (7-13, 5-8 AMCC), La Roche (11-8, 10-3 AMCC)
* Kourtney Beamesderfer (Rebersburg, PA/Penns Valley) made four free-throws in the final 13 seconds to keep the Lions ahead for good
* With only a three-point lead in the last three minutes of the game, Kara Haslett (Baden, PA/Ambridge) made a clutch three-pointer to push the lead to 63-57 with 2:38 left to play
* The Redhawks came back from a 14 point deficit to cut the game to one point in the final seconds
* Alanna Dibble (Lakewood, NY/Southwestern) led the Lions with 21 points, a career high
* Caitlin Carnuche (New Castle, PA/Mohawk) and Beamesderfer chipped in 16 and 14 respectively
* Haslett had a career-high nine steals, helping the team reach their season high of 21 steals
* Forward Jenna Cole led La Roche with 21 points
* The Behrend Lions return to action on Saturday at home in an AMCC matchup against Franciscan. Game time is 2 p.m.