CRESSON, Pa. – Ashlyn Whipple (Canonsburg, PA/Canon McMillan) scored the game-winning goal with 3:31 left to play to lift the Penn State Behrend women's soccer team past Mt. Aloysius 1-0 in Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) action on Saturday.
Final Score: Penn State Behrend 1, Mt. Aloysius 0
Records: Penn State Behrend (10-6, 8-0 AMCC), Mt. Aloysius (13-1-2, 7-1-1 AMCC)
* Behrend clinches the AMCC regular-season title for the seventh time in progrm history and the No. 1 seed for the conference tournament
* The Lions handed the Mounties their first loss of the season with time expiring in the second half
* Whipple netted her second game winner of the season
* The win is the fifth straight conference shut out for the Lions
* Lexie Frank (Harrisburg, PA/Blackhawk) intercepted a pass out of the defense and found a wide open Whipple at the top of the penalty box, who placed the ball in the left-side netting for the game winner
* The two teams battled through a scoreless first half, just the second time this season Behrend nor its opponent got on the scoreboard in the first 45 minutes.
* The Lions return to action on Tuesday at D'Youville for their final regular-season game. Contest starts at 5 p.m.