ERIE, Pa. – The No. 1 Penn State Behrend women's soccer team captured their eighth straight and 14th overall Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) Championship with a 1-0 win over No. 2 Mount Aloysius on Saturday afternoon.
Final Score: Penn State Behrend 1, Mt. Aloysius 0
Records: Penn State Behrend (13-6), Mt. Aloysius (14-3-2)
* Brenna McGuire (McDonald, PA/South Fayette) netted the game winner in the 66th minute for the Lions
* McGuire blasted a shot from down the middle and 25 yards out, sending the ball through Lauren Davey's hands for a 1-0 advantage
* The goal is McGuire's 19th of the season and marks her fifth game winner in her freshman campaign
* Freshman goalie Madi Jones (Clearfield, PA/Clearfield) made two saves for her eighth shutout of the season
* Behrend held a 9-3 shot advantage, firing five in the first half and four in the second
* The Lions earned the conference's automatic bid and will be making their eighth straight appearance into the NCAA Tournament
* Behrend will take an eight-game winning streak into the NCAA Tournament next weekend
* Three Behrend Lions were named to the All-Tournament Team. McGuire, Catherine Eichenlaub (Wexford, PA/Pine-Richland) and Laura Schaefer (Erie, PA/General McLane) were selected to the AMCC All-Tournament Team for their efforts over the last two games.
* The Lions will await the announcement of the NCAA Tournament Bracket on Monday, November 5.