ERIE, Pa. – For the eighth consecutive year, the PSB women's soccer team will compete in the NCAA Division III Women's Soccer Tournament. Penn State Behrend defeated Mount Aloysius on Saturday to earn the Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference's automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament.
The Behrend Lions will now have their sights set on a First Round matchup with Tufts University. Kickoff on Saturday, November 10, is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. Saturday's First Round game will be held at William Smith College in Geneva, New York.
Penn State Behrend News & Notes:
* PSB has compiled a record of 13-6 this season and will carry an eight-match winning streak into the NCAA Tournament.
* The Behrend Lions won both the Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference regular-season and tournament championships this season.
* Penn State Behrend will be making its 11th NCAA Tournament appearance.
* On the year, PSB has outscored its opponents 49-14 and has completed 12 shutouts.
* Freshman goalie Madi Jones (Clearfield, PA/Clearfield) has posted a 13-6 record in goal and ranked second in the Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference with a goals against average of 0.76 and 14 goals against.
* The offensive duo of Brenna McGuire (McDonald, PA/South Fayette) and Emily Indof (Greensburg, PA/Greensburg) has led PSB all season long. McGuire ranks first in the AMCC in both goals and points with 18 and 43 respectively. McGuire was the ECAC Rookie of the Month in October and was named to the AMCC All-Tournament team. She scored the game-winning goal in the AMCC Final against Mount Aloysius. Indof ranks second in the AMCC with 13 goals and 32 points; she has posted two hat tricks this season.
* Laura Schaefer (Erie, PA/General McLane) and Catherine Eichenlaub (Wexford, PA/Wexford) were also named to the AMCC All-Tournament team this past weekend.
* Head coach Patrick O'Driscoll is in his 14th season at the helm of the women's soccer program at PSB. O'Driscoll has compiled an overall coaching record of 172-83-18.
Tufts News and Notes:
* The Jumbos are members of the New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC).
* This season Tufts has compiled an overall record of 10-5-2.
* TU fell in the NESCAC Semifinals to Williams 3-2.
* The Jumbos received an at-large bid to this year's NCAA Tournament.
* Sophomore Sophie Lloyd leads the team with 10 goals and 25 points.
* Fellow sophomore Liz Reed has added eight goals, seven assists, and 23 points this season.
* Senior goalie Emily Bowers has made 65 saves and owns a save percentage of .844. Bowers has a goals against average of 0.70.
* The Jumbos are coached by Martha Whiting.
* This will be the first-ever matchup between Penn State Behrend and Tufts.