LAPLUME, Pa. – The Penn State Behrend women's track & field team competed day one of the Colonial States Athletic Conference (CSAC) Championships on Saturday at Keystone in LaPlume, PA.
* Haley Yenchik (Cecil, PA/Canon McMillan) led the Lions with two wins on the day, scoring 20 points for the team
* Yenchik won the pole vault event with a height of 3.40m followed by a leap of 9.95m in the triple jump to take home the gold
* Maria Campbell (Erie, PA/Villa Maria Academy) and Gabriella Loeffler (Pittsburgh, PA/Baldwin) followed Yenchik in the pole vault, placing third and fourth respectively
* Behrend went one, two, four, and five in the women's 1500 meter run
* Jenna Shelton (Cabot, PA/Knoch) won the event with a time of 4:51.83 followed by Courtney Sargent (Erie, PA/Collegiate Academy) in second (4:54.39), Riley Crissman (Bradford, PA/Bradford) in fourth (5:06.14) and Hanna Drozynski (Stoneboro, PA/Lakeview) in fifth (5:14.57)
* Erica Koenig (Pittsburgh, PA/Baldwin) scored 10 points for the Lions, taking home first in the 10,000m run with a time of 43:29.99
* Emily Mischen (Gibsonia, PA/Deer Lakes) took home silver in the hammer throw with a toss of 30.14m
* The Behrend Lions return to action tomorrow for day two of the CSAC Championship.