ERIE, Pa. – The Penn State Behrend women's volleyball team returns to action on Tuesday night against non-conference Fredonia Blue Devils. The match begins at 7 p.m.
Behrend News & Notes:
* The Lions went 2-2 last weekend in the Northwest PA Challenge at the Junker Center.
* Sophomore Keely Hering (North East, PA/North East) was named to the All-Tournament Team for averaging 3.43 digs and 2.43 kills per set. She tallied a double-double against Oswego with 17 digs, 11 kills.
* Behrend posted a 3-0 win over St. Vincent and then defeated Marietta 3-1
* The Lions are looking for their fifth win this season and third on their home court
* Senior setter Lexi Irwin (Greensburg, PA/Hempfield) is second in the AMCC in assists per set (7.53) and needs three more to reach 600 career assists
Fredonia News & Notes:
* The Blue Devils are 5-2 on the season and riding a two-match winning streak
* Fredonia posted a 2-1 record over the weekend at the Vassar Invitational
* The Blue Devils fell to Scranton (3-1) and then defeated Vassar and the University of New England both by a score of 3-1
* SallyAnne Rudny leads the team with 79 kills in seven matches for a 2.72 kills per set average
* Fredonia has yet to play on its home court yet
* Behrend and Fredonia are meeting for the 20th time since the all-time series began in 2001. The Lions hold an 11-8 advantage over the Blue Devils.
* Last season, Fredonia posted a 3-1 (22-25, 25-12, 25-15, 25-20) victory over Behrend on Sept. 12 in Fredonia, NY