ERIE, Pa. – The Penn State Behrend women's volleyball team registered 39 kills and 14 blocks to defeat D'Youville 3-0 in Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) action on Wednesday night in the Junker Center.
Final Score: Penn State Behrend 3, D'Youville 0 (25-11, 25-10, 25-13)
Records: Penn State Behrend (14-8, 5-0 AMCC), D'Youville (1-19, 1-3 AMCC)
* The Lions remain on top of the conference standings with a 5-0 record
* Behrend held the Spartans to single-digit kills in each set and a total of 18 kills in the match
* Freshman outside hitter Kristin Reiland (Erie, PA/Fairview) hit .769 on the night with 11 kills on 13 attempts and one error to go with three aces
* AMCC Athlete of the Week, Lexi Irwin (Greensburg, PA/Hempfield), added 30 assists, four digs, three blocks and three kills
* Alex Parra (Pittsburgh, PA/Bishop Canevin) led at the net with six blocks while Amanda Henry (Bridgeville, PA/South Fayette) had double-digit kills with 11
* Behrend returns to action on Saturday at La Roche for the AMCC Game of the Week. Match begins at 1 p.m.