PITTSBURGH, Pa. – The La Roche women's volleyball team won three unanswered sets for a 3-2 comeback victory over Penn State Behrend in Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) action on Saturday afternoon.
Final Score: La Roche 3, Penn State Behrend 2 (25-10, 25-9, 17-25, 22-25, 12-15)
Records: La Roche (11-11, 4-2 AMCC), Penn State Behrend (14-9, 5-1 AMCC)
* The Redhawks handed the Lions their first conference loss, while snapping a three-match losing skid to the Lions * Behrend held La Roche to a total of 19 points over the first two sets
* AMCC Preseason Player of the Year, Laura Nath, led the Redhawks with 13 kills
* Down 12-11 in the fifth set, La Roche used a 4-0 run to win the match thanks to a pair of kills by Nath
* AMCC Athlete of the Week, Lexi Irwin (Greensburg, PA/Hempfield) had a .579 hitting percentage with a team-high 11 kills and also dished out 24 assists
* Three Behrend players had double-digit digs led by Madison Clapper (Hollidaysburg, PA/Hollidaysburg) with 22
* The loss is the third five-set loss for the Lions this season, dropping Behrend to second place in the AMCC
* Behrend returns to action on Tuesday at Pitt-Bradford. Match begins at 7 p.m.