ERIE, Pa. – The Penn State Behrend women's volleyball team claimed the Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) regular-season title and No. 1 seed for the conference tournament next weekend with a 3-1 win over Pitt-Greensburg in the home finale on Saturday afternoon.
Final Score: Penn State Behrend 3, Pitt-Greensburg 1 (25-7, 25-3, 23-25, 25-7)
Records: Penn State Behrend (18-9, 8-1 AMCC), Pitt-Greensburg (1-24, 1-8 AMCC)
* The Lions claimed their fifth AMCC regular-season championship
* Behrend will host the four-team AMCC Tournament next weekend with the semifinals on Saturday and the championship match on Sunday
* The four-set victory improved the Lions win streak to four straight matches
* Behrend only committed nine hitting errors and forced the Bobcats to commit 31 in four sets
* The Lions recorded their second-best serving performance with 17 aces
* Behrend hit .556 the first set and came back in the second to record a .667 hitting percentage
* Celebrating senior day, Amanda Henry (Bridgeville, PA/South Fayette) led with 12 kills, seven digs, three aces, two blocks and two assists. Senior Lexi Irwin (Greensburg, PA/Hempfield) dished out 34 assists to go with seven kills
* Freshman Kristin Reiland (Fairview, PA/Villa Maria Academy) had a match-high six aces and hit .556 with six kills on nine attempts
* Behrend returns to action on Saturday for the AMCC semifinals at the Junker Center. Match time is to be determined.