ERIE, Pa. – The Pitt-Bradford women's volleyball team rallied back from two sets down to defeat Penn State Behrend 3-2 in the Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) Championship match on Sunday afternoon in the Junker Center.
Final Score: Pitt-Bradford 3, Penn State Behrend 2 (18-25, 15-25, 26-24, 25-15, 18-16)
Records: Pitt-Bradford (20-12), Penn State Behrend (19-10)
* The Lions trailed 6-1 in the first set and used a 15-6 run to take the lead for good at 16-12
* Kristin Reiland (Fairview, PA/Villa Maria Academy) had eight kills on nine attempts in the first set to help the Lions take a 1-0 lead in the match
* Behrend held an 11-point lead in the second, never trailing to put them one set away from the win
* The Lions knocked down 17 kills and held Pitt-Bradford two just seven kills in the second for a 2-0 lead
* With the scored tied 24-all in the third set, Riley Anderson knocked down a kill and then Alexandra Segura and Emily Cleveland earned a block to cut the deficit to 2-1
* Amanda Henry (Bridgeville, PA/South Fayette) tallied seven kills in the third set to pace Behrend
* The Panthers continued to come alive in the fourth with a 25-15 win and then won on two attack errors by the Lions in the fifth set
* Henry and Reiland finished with 15 kills each, while Madison Clapper (Hollidaysburg, PA/Hollidaysburg) had a match-high 30 digs to mark her third highest total this season. Henry also added 14 digs for the double-double
* Lexi Irwin (Greensburg, PA/Hempfield) had a double-double with 39 assists, 12 digs and eight kills
* Keely Hering (North East, PA/North East) added 16 digs and seven kills in the five sets
* Two Behrend Lions were named to the All-Tournament Team. Irwin and Reiland were selected to the AMCC All-Tournament Team for their efforts over the weekend.
* Behrend will await a possible bid to the ECAC Women's Volleyball Championships, announced early next wee