ERIE, Pa. – The Penn State Behrend women's volleyball team will travel to Cabrini University to take on McDaniel in the quarterfinals of the 2018 Eastern Collegiate Athletic Conference (ECAC) Championships on Saturday at 8 p.m.
Penn State Behrend News & Notes:
* The Lions are making their seventh appearance in the ECAC Championship Tournament
* Behrend won the ECAC South Region Championships in 2008
* The Lions defeated Wilkes 3-0 (25-17, 25-18, 25-23) on Wednesday night in first-round action to keep their season alive
* Lexi Irwin (Greensburg, PA/Hempfield) was named AMCC Co-Player of the Year, while Kristin Reiland (Fairview, PA/Villa Maria Academy) earned Newcomer of the Year honors
* Irwin was named to the All-AMCC first team and Reiland joins Amanda Henry (Bridgeville, PA/South Fayette) on the second team. Alex Parra (Pittsburgh, PA/Bishop Canevin) was chosen to the third team
* Behrend is 20-10 on the season, marking the first 20+win season since 2013
McDaniel News & Notes:
* The Green Terror upset top-seeded Franklin & Marshall 3-0 in the Centennial Conference semifinals before falling to Johns Hopkins 3-0 in the championship match this past weekend
* McDaniel is 21-8 on the season
* Marlowe Embry and Taylor Bauman were named to the AVCA All-Mid-Atlantic Region honorable mention team
* Embry has led the attack all season with 311 kills and currently ranks second on the team with 347 digs. She is also second on the team with 38 aces and recorded 11 double-doubles in 29 matches this season.
* Behrend will face the Green Terror for the first time in program history