WASHINGTON, Pa. – Lauren Wood (Vernon Hills, IL/Vernon Hills) broke the Penn State Behrend school record for career goals, recording her 159th goal at the Collegiate Water Polo Association (CWPA) Regional I on Sunday. The Lions took on both Grove City and Washington & Jefferson on Sunday, falling to both.
Grove City 16, Penn State Behrend 9
Washington & Jefferson 17, Penn State Behrend 13
* In the first game, the Lions fell to Grove City, 16-9
* Wood led the offense with six goals
* Daniella Rios (Guaynabo, Puerto Rico /Sagrados Corazones) chipped in the other three goals along with two steals and two assists
* On the defensive side, Alison McClure (Loveland, OH/Milford) finished with three steals and one assist
* Mackensie Robie (Girard, PA/Girard) finished with a season-high 14 saves in goal
* Behrend played their second game on Sunday against Washington & Jefferson, falling 17-13
* Wood broke the Behrend school record for career goals previously held by Maryn Horn (156) during the game, scoring five goals to have a total of 159 in her career
* Carson Hagood (Orlando, FL / Bishop Moore Catholic) led the defensive push with seven steals while also bucketing one goal and one assist
* McClure finished the game with five steals, three goals, and two assists
* Penn State Behrend returns to action on Saturday at Wittenberg at 5:30 p.m.