ERIE, Pa. – The Penn State Behrend women's basketball team defeated Pitt-Greensburg 59-49 in Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) action in the Junker Center on Saturday.
Score: Penn State Behrend 59, Pitt-Greensburg 49
Records: Penn State Behrend (5-8, 4-3 AMCC), Pitt-Greensburg (4-8, 3-2 AMCC)
* The Lions outscored the Bobcats 30-18 in the final half, including 16-7 in the fourth quarter
* Behrend trailed by two at halftime, earning the come-back victory by 10 points
* The Lions went 12-for-14 from the free-throw line and forced 22 Pitt-Greensburg turnovers
* Freshman guard Caitlin Carnuche (New Castle, PA/Mohawk) finished with game-high 23 points
* Carnuche shot 61 percent from the floor and was perfect from the charity stripe (5-for-5)
* Alanna Dibble (Lakewood, NY/Southwestern) and Kourtney Beamesderfer (Rebersburg, PA/Penns Valley) had double-digit points with 12 and 11, respectively.
* Pitt-Greensburg's Nadege Durand had a double-double with 14 points and a game-high 16 rebounds
* The Behrend Lions return to action on Wednesday at D'Youville. Game time is 6 p.m.