GREENSBURG, Pa. – The Penn State Behrend women's basketball team fell to Pitt-Greensburg on Saturday in Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) action by a score of 72-67.
Score: Pitt-Greensburg 72, Penn State Behrend 67
Records: Penn State Behrend (9-14, 7-9 AMCC), Pitt-Greensburg (7-16, 6-10 AMCC)
* After the Lions were down 18-11 at the end of the first quarter, the Bobcats pulled away holding Behrend to only seven points in the second quarter and ending the half 40-18
* The Lions cut the Pitt-Greensburg lead to 13 points at the end of the third quarter, staying in the game
* Behrend got within four points of the Bobcats in the finals minute of play but were unable to erase the deficit
* The Bobcats forced 20 turnovers, including eight in the first quarter
* The Lions were led by freshman Kara Haslett (Baden, PA/Ambridge) who finished with 20 points tying her career-high, while Alanna Dibble (Lakewood, NY/Southwestern) had 14
* Pitt-Greensburg was led by Nadege Durand who had a double-double with 24 points and 16 rebounds
* The Behrend Lions return to action on Wednesday against Medaille for an AMCC matchup at the Junker Center. Game time is 6 p.m.