ERIE, Pa. – The Penn State Behrend baseball team will travel to Cresson, Pa. to face Mt. Aloysius in the regular-season doubleheader final in Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) action on Saturday.
Saturday, April 27
Penn State Behrend vs. Mt. Aloysius, 1 p.m.
Penn State Behrend vs. Mt. Aloysius, 4 p.m.
Behrend News & Notes:
* The Lions dropped a pair of AMCC games to La Roche yesterday
* Behrend took the early 2-0 lead in game one, but La Roche scored five unanswered runs for the win
* The Lions are still fighting for a spot in the AMCC playoffs
* Josh Wagner (South Park, PA/South Park) tallied four hits and two RBIs in the doubleheader against the Redhawks
* Wagner continues to lead the AMCC in RBIs with 43 on the season
* Scott Sada (Saegertown, PA/Saegertown) is first in the AMCC in runs (46), doubles (21) and is second in hits (51)
Mt. Aloysius News & Notes:
* The Mounties are 25-11 overall and their 12-4 AMCC mark puts them in second place
* Mt. Aloysius is coming off a split with Penn State Altoona on Wednesday
* The Mounties dropped the opener 6-5 and then picked up a 6-1 victory in game two
* Matthew McCourt ranks second in home runs (8) in the AMCC, fourth in batting average (.384) and is fifth in RBIs (38)
* McCourt also is first with six wins on the mound and second with a 1.77 ERA in the conference
* The Lions have won eight straight against the Mounties
* Behrend is 30-7-2 all-time vs. Mt. Aloysius since 2003
* The Mounties last wins were 4-3 decisions in 2015
* Last season, Behrend posted a pair of wins during the regular season (10-3, 11-4)