ERIE, Pa. – The Penn State Behrend baseball team will travel to Westerville, Ohio to face Otterbein for a non-conference doubleheader today at 2 p.m.
Behrend News & Notes:
* The Lions swept Mt. Aloysius last Saturday to secure the No. 2 seed in the AMCC Tournament
* Behrend will receive a bye and play at No. 1 La Roche against the winner of Penn St. Altoona/Pitt-Greensburg
* The Lions posted 9-4 and 22-12 victories vs. the Mounties
* Game two marked the second time in one week Behrend registered 22 runs
* Senior Mason McGuire (Pittsburgh, PA/Upper St. Clair) ripped a pair of triples on Saturday to tie Zack Bowen (Plum Borough, PA/Serra Catholic) with four apiece this season
* Scott Sada (Saegertown, PA/Saegertown) ranks first in NCAA Division III statistics in doubles (23) and doubles per game (.66), while teammate Josh Wagner (South Park, PA/South Park) is second in each category with 21 doubles and .60 per game
* Head Coach Paul Benim is three games away reaching 1,000 games coached for the Behrend baseball program.
Otterbein News & Notes:
* The Cardinals are 21-16-1 overall and coming off a pair of wins over Marietta yesterday
* Otterbein defeated the Pioneers 10-8 and 8-1 in Ohio Athletic Conference (OAC) action
* With the pair of wins, head coach George Powell became the sixth skipper in league history to reach 500 career victories
* The Cardinals earned a spot in the OAC Tournament and will face Baldwin Wallace on Thursday
* The Lions and Otterbein are meeting for the second time in program history
* The Cardinals won the only meeting 10-5 back in 2014