ERIE, Pa. – The Penn State Behrend men's basketball team handed Mt. Aloysius their first Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) loss of the season with a 54-45 decision on Sunday afternoon in the Junker Center.
Score: Penn State Behrend 54, Mt. Aloysius 45
Records: Penn State Behrend (7-1, 4-1 AMCC), Mt. Aloysius (6-4, 4-1 AMCC)
* The Lions held Mt. Aloysius to 21 points in the first half, the least amount of points by an opponent in the first 20 minutes this season
* Behrend made more than half of their shots from behind the arc (11 of 20)
* The Lions had two players in double figure scoring led by Justin Gorny (South Park, PA/South Park) and his 16 points and team-best nine rebounds
* Mike Fischer (Wexford, PA/North Allegheny) finished with 13 points on 50 percent shooting
* Behrend shot a season-low 36.4 percent from the field and shot the least amount of free throws in a game with four attempts
* Andy Niland (Fairview, PA/Fairview) added nine points and eight assists, knocking down three triples
* The Lions put together a seven-point run at the 6:32 mark of the second half, resulting in their biggest lead with 10 points and 2:21 left to play
* The Behrend Lions return to action on Tuesday in the Junker Center against Waynesburg at 6 p.m.