ERIE, Pa. – The Penn State men's basketball team overcame a 16-point deficit in the first half to defeat Pitt-Greensburg 81-69 in Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) action on Saturday in the Junker Center.
Score: Penn State Behrend 81, Pitt-Greensburg 69
Records: Penn State Behrend (12-1, 6-1 AMCC), Pitt-Greensburg (4-8, 1-4 AMCC)
* The Lions remained undefeated at home with a 7-0 record
* The win marks the ninth straight and six conference victory
* The Bobcats shot 54.5 percent from the floor to give the Lions their largest set back in a half this season
* Behrend fought back and took its first lead of the second half at 13:37 on a layup by Kenny Fukon (Cranberry Township, PA/Cardinal Wuerl North Catholic)
* The Lions made a season-high 24 free throws on 28 attempts for 85.7 percent shooting
* Behrend was held to just one three-pointer, the least amount in a game on the fewest amount of attempts (11) this season
* Senior forward Justin Gorny (South Park, PA/South Park) scored a season-best 23 points to lead the Lions
* Senior guard Andy Niland (Fairview, PA/Fairview) dished out nine assists to go with 20 points
* Gorny was perfect from the floor, going 13-for-13 from the charity stripe and Fukon was flawless with 6-for-6 showing from the field, respectively. Fukon ended with 13 points and six rebounds
* The Behrend Lions return to action on Wednesday at D'Youville. Game time is 8 p.m.