BUFFALO, NY – The D'Youville men's basketball team erased an eight-point deficit in the final 3:26 to defeat Penn State Behrend 73-71 in Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) action on Wednesday night.
Score: D'Youville 73, Penn State Behrend 71
Records: Penn State Behrend (12-2, 6-2 AMCC), D'Youville (5-7, 3-2 AMCC)
* The Spartans held Behrend scoreless in the final 3:26 of the second half to snap their nine-game winning streak
* D'Youville snaps a 20-game losing streak to the Lions
* The Spartans are just the second team to defeat Behrend this season
* Devon Darrell made the go-ahead layup with four seconds left, while Will Vanauken hit the back end of two free throws with time expiring for the win
* Nolan Nuara (Erie, PA/Mercyhurst) had a career-high 21 points on 9-for-9 shooting with a team-best nine rebounds
* Nuara also led at the half with 11 points and six rebounds.
*Not only was the tied scored at halftime (38-38), so were the assists (10), rebounds (15) and bench points (11)
* The Lions never trailed in the second half until the end, slowly building a steady lead and getting to double digits with 7:26 left to play
* Behrend was sent to the line a season-low three times (2-for-3)
* The Behrend Lions return to action on Saturday at Franciscan. Game time is 4 p.m.