ERIE, Pa- The Penn State Behrend men's basketball team was able to complete the season sweep of conference opponent Hilbert by defeating the Hawks 85-80 on Wednesday evening in Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) play.
Score: Penn State Behrend 85, Hilbert 80
Records: Penn State Behrend (16-2, 9-2 AMCC), Hilbert (5-13, 1-10 AMCC)
* The Lions erased an 11-point halftime deficit to come away with their fourth consecutive victory
* Penn State Behrend was led in scoring by Dan Wanker (Pittsburgh, PA/South Park) who had 22 points while Mike Fischer (Wexford, PA/ North Allegheny) contributed 19 points and Andy Niland (Fairview, PA/ Fairview) 18 respectively
* After Wednesday night's tilt, senior forward Dan Wanker needs just 32 points to reach 1,000 for his collegiate career
* Ryan Hogan led the Hawks in scoring with a game high 24 points with 21 of those coming in the first half of play
* Hilbert's Nicholas Parucki and Masia Phillips provided an excellent spark of offense off of the Hawks bench. The duo combined for 25 points in the game.
* Penn State Behrend was able to knock down 14-for-17 free throws (82.4%) which allowed the Lions to seal the game in the final moments of play
* The Behrend Lions return to action on Saturday afternoon when they head to Penn State Altoona for a game at 4 p.m.