ERIE, Pa. – The Penn State Behrend men's basketball team defeated Alfred State 75-59 in the Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) opener for both teams on Saturday afternoon in the Junker Center.
Score: Penn State Behrend 75, Alfred State 59
Records: Penn State Behrend (2-1, 1-0 AMCC), Alfred State (1-3, 0-1 AMCC)
* More than 50 percent of the Lions shots were from behind the arc (14-for-38)
* Kenny Fukon (Cranberry Township, PA/Cardinal Wuerl North Catholic) tallied a career-high 20 points behind 8-for-14 shooting and four triples
* After only pulling a combined 10 offensive rebounds in the first two games, Behrend hit the boards and registered 14 for a total of 38
* Fukon had almost a third of the points in the first half with 13
* Mitchell King (Pittsburgh, PA/Bishop Canevin) came off the bench to contribute 12 points
* Dorian Connors (Girard, PA/Girard) was solid defensively with a career-high 11 rebounds and three blocks to go with seven points and three assists
* Alfred State had one lead in the game, 7-6, at the 16:08 mark of the first half
* Derrick Clark (Erie, PA/Central Tech) drained a triple to put Behrend ahead by almost 20 at 45-26 early in the second half for its largest lead of the game
* The Lions remain undefeated against the Pioneers at 4-0
* Head coach Dave Niland is three wins away from reaching the 500 career victories milestone
* The Behrend Lions return to action on Tuesday at Medaille. Game time is 6 p.m.