GREENSBURG, Pa. – The Pitt-Greensburg men's basketball team hit a go-ahead three-pointer with 19 seconds left to defeat Penn State Behrend 71-69 in Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) action on Saturday.
Score: Pitt-Greensburg 71, Penn State Behrend 69
Records: Penn State Behrend (3-2, 2-1 AMCC), Pitt-Greensburg (4-1, 2-0 AMCC)
* Cam Seigfreid drained his only three-pointer of the day for the go-ahead game winner with time expiring
* The Bobcats outscored the Lions 44-38 in the second half to overcome a four-point deficit at halftime
* Tied 45-all with 12 minutes left in the second half, Pitt-Greensburg took the lead with back-to-back layups
* Consecutive triples by the Lions Nick Fiumara (Pittsburgh, PA/Baldwin) got Behrend ahead by five and forced a Bobcats timeout
* After the timeout, Kenny Fukon (Cranberry Township, PA/Cardinal Wuerl North Catholic) drained the third three-pointer in a row to extend the lead by eight
* An unconventional three-point play and then a driving layup by Pitt-Greensburg made it 69-68 with under a minute to play in the game
* Fukon led with 18 points and seven rebounds
* The Bobcats shot 57.7 percent from the floor and had four players in double-figure scoring led by Cody Spaid with 17
* Fiumara's 14 points, behind 5-for-7 shooting including four three-pointers is a career high
* The Behrend Lions return to action on Wednesday at D'Youville. Game time is 6 p.m.