ERIE, Pa. – The Penn State Behrend men's golf team will travel to Warren, Ohio and the Avalon Lakes Golf and Country Club for the 2019 Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) Championships on Sunday and Monday.
AMCC Championship News & Notes
* The stroke-play tournament is played over two days for 36 holes (18 holes on Sunday, 18 holes on Monday)
* Tournament pairings for day one are: Hilbert/Mt. Aloysius/D'Youville at 11 am. Followed by Penn State Altooona/Medaille/Pitt-Greensburg at 11:50 a.m. Penn State Behrend/La Roche/Pitt-Bradford tee off at 12:40 p.m.
* Monday's action will commence at 9 a.m. with pairings to be determined by the day-one results.
* The tournament team champion will receive the AMCC's automatic bid to the NCAA tournament which will be held May 12-15 in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Behrend News & Notes
* The Lions are looking for their 10th AMCC Title in program history
* Last year, Behrend was nine strokes behind first-place Pitt-Bradford to earn the second place overall
* The Lions carded a 327 on day one and a 308 on day two for a 635
* Behrend won the AMCC Championships in 2017 with a championship-record score of 588 (295-293)
* The top five Behrend golfers for the championships are: 1) Alex Pol, 2) Ryan Meyer, 3) Garrett Schlick, 4) Mark Peters, 5) JT Kuchnicki
* Pol was the top freshman finisher at the 2018 AMCC Championships with a two-day total of 158 (79-79)
* Schlick is ranked fourth in the AMCC with a 78.40 average in 10 appearances