HAMBURG, NY – Penn State Behrend picked up a 10-0 victory over host Hilbert College on a cool and windy Wednesday afternoon. The men's soccer team improved to 10-3-2, 6-0-1 AMCC on the season with the victory.
Score: Penn State Behrend 10, Hilbert 0
Record: Penn State Behrend (10-3-2, 6-0-1 AMCC), Hilbert College (0-12, 0-7 AMCC)
* Penn State Behrend opened the scoring in the 7th minute. Senior Nick McKee (Bridgeville, PA/South Fayette) scored his first goal of the season.
* PSB added a second goal just 14 seconds later. Logan Brinsky (Pittsburgh, PA/Peters Township) netted his team-leading sixth goal of 2018.
* The Behrend Lions would go up 3-0 in the 27th minute when Christian Eckberg (Pittsburgh, PA/Norwin) scored his third goal of the 2018 campaign.
* Richard Blanchard (Erie, PA/Cathedral Prep) added his second goal of the season just a minute later to give the Behrend Lions a 4-0 advantage.
* Jason Angelo (Harborcreek, PA/Harbor Creek) scored two goals before halftime to give PSB a 6-0 lead at the intermission.
* Dan Irwin (South Park, PA/South Park) got the scoring started in the second half for Behrend. Irwin's first goal of the season pushed the score to 7-0 in favor of Penn State Behrend.
* Kole Lisovich (Plum, PA/Plum), Matthew Romesberg (Holsopple, PA/North Star), and Tyler Opferman (McMurray, PA/Peters Township) each scored one goal in the second half.
* Penn State Behrend outshot Hilbert College 51-3 in the game.
* Penn State Behrend will have a critical Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference matchup coming up on Saturday, October 20, at Mount Aloysius College. Mount Aloysius currently in first place in the AMCC standings, with Penn State Behrend right behind them at No. 2. Kickoff this weekend is set for 3:30 p.m.