ERIE, Pa. - Penn State Behrend will look to continue its historic run in the NCAA Tournament this coming weekend. The Behrend Lions defeated both Lycoming College and John Carroll University in first and second round action during the first weekend of the NCAA Tournament. Penn State Behrend won both matches by 1-0 finals.
Against Lycoming, the Behrend Lions got a goal from Logan Brinsky in the fourth minute and used strong defense to defeat the Warriors. Behrend then capped a historic weekend with a double-overtime victory against the host Blue Streaks. Senior Dakota Lange's bicycle kick in the 102nd minute propelled PSB to its first-ever Sweet Sixteen appearance in program history.
Now, Penn State Behrend will have its sights set on a Sweet Sixteen matchup with national power Calvin College. The Knights are currently ranked No. 4 in the nation. Friday's regional semifinal will be played at Case Western Reserve in Cleveland. Kickoff is set for 7:30 p.m.
Coverage (Includes Video/Stats)
Penn State Behrend News & Notes:
* The Behrend Lions are 16-3-2 this season and have won 10 straight matches.
* Behrens's last loss came on October 2 to nationally-ranked Carnegie Mellon
* Over the past 10 games, Behrend has allowed just four goals and has posted seven shutouts.
* This season the Behrend Lion defense has combined for 13 shutouts.
* Offensively, Penn State Behrend has outscored its opponents 58-13 in 2018.
* During the course of their 10 match win-streak, PSB has outscored its opponents 40-4.
* Senior Dakota Lange and freshman Logan Brinsky have both scored nine goals this year.
* Senior goalkeeper Chris Ralph has made 67 saves and owns a save percentage of .843. Ralph also has a goals against average of just 0.67.
Calvin College News & Notes:
* The No. 4 ranked Knights have an equally impressive win streak. Calvin will carry a 12-match winning streak in to Friday's Sweet Sixteen matchup.
* The Knights stand 19-1 this season, with their only loss coming back on September 22, a 1-0 defeat to the Chicago Maroons.
* Calvin defeated Greenville (Ill.) 4-0 in their opening match of the NCAA Tournament on Friday, November 9.
* The Knights then shutout Wisconsin-Platteville 2-0 in second round action on Saturday.
* Calvin has a potent offense, scoring 4.20 goals per game. On the year CC has outscored its opponents 84-9.
* Senior Bobby McCaw leads the team with 20 goals and 52 points. Fellow senior Jacob White has added 16 goals and 38 points. Junior Hunter Olson has scored 11 times this season.
* The Knights' defense has posted 13 shutouts this year as well.
* This will be the first-ever meeting between Penn State Behrend and Calvin.