ERIE, Pa. – The No. 22 Penn State Behrend men's soccer team scored two second-half goals to defeat Grove City 2-0 in non-conference action on Tuesday night.
Final Score: Penn State Behrend 2, Grove City 0
Records: Penn State Behrend (6-0), Grove City (1-5-1)
* The Lions are now 4-0 when playing at home and remain undefeated with the second straight two-goal victory
* Aaron Harris (Washington, PA/McGuffey) scored the eventual game winner in the 54th minute
* Michael DiCola (Beaver, PA/Beaver) tallied his third assist of the season on Harris' goal
* DiCola sent a cross in from the right side in front of the goal and to a charging to Harris for a one-touch shot and a 1-0 lead
* Freshman Nick Laskey (Charleroi, PA/Charleroi) tallied his first collegiate goal at the 79:41 mark of the second half
* Laskey did all the work himself, intercepting the ball from the defense and getting inside the box for a right-footed shot into the far netting and past Grove City goalie Luke Greenway
* The win snaps a four-game losing streak to the Wolverines
* Behrend held a 10-1 shot advantage, holding Grove City without a shot until the final two minutes of the game
* Senior goalkeeper Matt Warnaka (Beaver Falls, PA/Beaver Falls) collected his fifth win in goal and his second shutout
* The Behrend Lions returns to action on Saturday at home for their first Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) against Mt. Aloysius. Game time is 2 p.m.