ALLIANCE, Ohio – Senior defender Andrew Mastovich (Murrysville, PA/Franklin Regional) scored the game-winning goal off a corner kick from Richard Blanchard (Erie, PA/Cathedral Prep) in overtime to help the No. 16 Penn State Behrend men's soccer team upset No. 14 Mt. Union on Wednesday night.
Score: No. 16 Penn State Behrend 2, No. 14 Mount Union 1 (OT)
Records: No. 16 Penn State Behrend (8-0), No. 14 Mount Union (6-1-1)
* With 1:06 left in the first overtime period, Blanchard took the final corner kick and Mastovich had a diving header to send the ball past Zach Hlas for the win
* Blanchard drew a foul in the Purple Raiders defensive end that resulted in a Lions corner kick with time expiring
* Blanchard sent the ball over the box and found Mastovich open for his first goal of the season
* The win keeps Behrend's unblemished record and hands Mt. Union its first loss of the season
* The Lions struck first in the closely contested non-conference game
* Blanchard found Aaron Harris (Washington, PA/McGuffey) in the 18th minute for the early lead
* Less than 10 minutes later, Ben Hobrath scored after gathering the ball off a clear from the Behrend defense at the 26:05 mark
* Early in the second half, the Purple Raiders had their second goal called back for offsides
* With five minutes remaining in regulation, Blanchard fired a shot from 25 yards out that went just over the crossbar
* Each team had taken five shots apiece in the first 90 minutes
* The Lions return to action on Saturday at Geneva for their final non-conference game of the season, beginning at 7:30 p.m.