ERIE, Pa. – The No. 24 Penn State Behrend men's soccer team scored six second-half goals to defeat La Roche 6-0 in Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) action on Saturday.
Final Score: No. 24 Penn State Behrend 6, La Roche 0
Records: No. 24 Penn State Behrend (14-1, 6-1 AMCC), La Roche (4-11, 2-5 AMCC)
* The Lions registered their seventh shutout of the season
* Behrend held a 10-0 shot advantage in the scoreless first half
* The Lions tallied six goals on 11 shots in the final 45 minutes to post their 17 straight win over the Redhawks
* Freshman Tyler Vandemerwe (Erie, PA/Cathedral Prep) scored two goals and handed out one assist for five points
* Christian Eckberg (North Huntingdon, PA/Norwin) tallied the first goal of the game in the 49th minute off a direct kick
* Celebrating senior day, Andrew Mastovich (Murrysville, PA/Franklin Regional) made it 2-0 with a his third goal of the season off a corner kick from Richard Blanchard (Erie, PA/Cathedral Prep)
* Five minutes later, Ian Betts (Warrington, PA/Central Bucks South) scored his first collegiate goal from Jason Betts (Tallmadge, OH/Tallmadge)
* The lead quickly grew to 4-0 after Nick Laskey's (Charleroi, PA/Charleroi) netted a goal at the 69:35 mark
* Vandemerwe assisted Laskey and then registered the final two goals of the game four minutes apart
* The Behrend Lions returns to action on Wednesday at Alfred State. Game time is 5 p.m.