FREDONIA, NY – The Penn State Behrend men's swimming and diving remains in first place with a 271-point lead after day two of the Fredonia Blue Devil Invitational on Friday.
Score: Behrend 1st out of five teams (728 points), Allegheny (2nd – 457), Fredonia (3rd – 431), Brockport (4th – 349), Alfred State (5th – 301)
* Chase Bietz (Clearfield, PA/Clearfield) won the 100 breaststroke in a new school record and NCAA "B" cut time of 56.10
* Matt Karenbauer (Butler, PA/Knoch) won the 100 fly (52.34), followed by Nathan Wagner (Ypsilanti, MI/Lincoln) in third (54.81)
* The Lions had five swimmers place in the Top 10 in the 200 free led by overall winner James Connolly (Allentown, PA/Parkland) with a time of 1:43.65
* In the 100 backstroke, Mark Patterson (North Huntingdon, PA/Norwin) touched first with four seconds to spare against teammate Liam Watterson (Brentwood, PA/Baldwin) for first with a time of 50.17
* The 200 free relay won in pool record time of 1:26.18, with Patterson in the lead off, followed by Quinn Fischer (Fairview, PA/Cathedral Prep), Wagner and Bietz at the anchor
* In the 400 IM, Brady Mattson (Wilmington, DE/Delaware Military Academy) led a 3-4-6 with a time of 4:20.45
* The Lions return to action on tomorrow for the final day of the Blue Devil Invite. The preliminaries begin at 10 a.m. and the finals at 5 p.m.