ERIE, Pa. – The Penn State Behrend men's swimming and diving team continues its winning ways from 2018 with a 100-62 victory over Washington & Jefferson in non-conference action on Saturday afternoon in the Junker Pool.
Score: Penn State Behrend 100, W&J 62
Location: Erie, Pa. | Junker Center Pool
* The Behrend Lions picked up their third dual-meet victory of the season and first of the New Year
* The Lions had 10 different swimmers take first place (individual or relay)
* Alex Croll (Honolulu, HI/Parkland), Matt Karenbauer (Butler, PA/Knoch), Mark Patterson (North Huntingdon, PA/Norwin) and Chase Bietz (Clearfield, PA/Clearfield) won the opening 200 medley relay
* David Ewing (South Fayette, PA/South Fayette) – 1000 freestyle (10:48.07)
* Luc Tomasello (Sharon, PA/Sharon) – 200 freestyle (1:58.44)
* Patterson – 100 backstroke (53.81)
* Croll – 100 breaststroke (1:05.65), 100 freestyle (50.68)
* Gibson Hoce (Palm Harbor, FL/Palm Harbor University High) – 200 butterfly (2:11.81)
* Nathan Wagner (Ypsilanti, MI/Lincoln) – 50 freestyle (23.22)
* Liam Watterson (Brentwood, PA/Baldwin) – 200 backstroke (2:09.99)
* Charles Li (Jining City, China) – 200 breaststroke (2:55.70)
* The Lions return to action on Saturday against Pitt-Bradford in Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) action at 1 p.m.