CANTON, Ohio – The Penn State Behrend men's swimming and diving team continue their winning ways with a 133-71 victory over Malone in non-conference action on Friday night.
Score: Penn State Behrend 133, Malone 71
Location: Canton, Ohio | C.T. Branin Natatorium
* The Lions have pushed their winning streak to five straight wins
* Senior Mark Patterson (North Huntingdon, PA/Norwin) and freshman Chase Bietz (Clearfield, PA/Clearfield) each won three events for Behrend (two relay one individual)
* Freshman James Connolly (Allentown, PA/Parkland), sophomore Alex Croll (Honolulu, HI/Roosevelt), Patterson and Bietz secured the win with a top time of 3:18.09 in the 400 freestyle relay
* Freshman Matt Karenbauer (Butler, PA/Knoch), Patterson, Bietz and junior Quinn Fischer (Fairview, PA/Cathedral Prep) were the winning members of the 200 yard medley relay with the fastest time of 3:36.42
* Behrend won eight of the 13 events
* Connolly – 1000 freestyle (10:06.81), 500 freestyle (4:59.12)
* Croll – 50 free (22.92)
* Karenbauer – 100 butterfly (54.50)
* Patterson – 100 backstroke (54.33)
* Bietz – 100 breaststroke (59.21)
* The Lions return to action tomorrow at St. Vincent, beginning at 1 p.m.