ERIE, Pa. – The Penn State Behrend men's and women's swimming team each won the 800 free relay in the opening night of the 2019 Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) Championships held in the Junker Center Pool on Wednesday.
Women's Scores: 1. Alfred State (65), 2. Penn State Behrend (46), 3. Penn State Altoona (20) 4. Franciscan (18), 5. SUNY Delhi (0)
Men's Scores: 1. Penn State Behrend (46), 2. Alfred State (34), 3. Pitt-Bradford (26), 4. Penn State Altoona (22), 5. SUNY Delhi (20)
Behrend News & Notes:
* The men's team consisting of Mark Patterson, Quinn Fischer, Chase Bietz and James Connolly set three new records on the way to a first-place finish. The time of 6:52.57 broke the pool, AMCC Open and AMCC Meet record
* Patterson set four records as the lead off swimmer in the relay in the 200 freestyle. He reset his school and pool records along with the AMCC Meet and Open records with a time of 1:41.60
* On the women's side, Jessica Wyckoff (Elma, NY/Iroquois), Abigail Witmer, Alison McClure and Marcella Puglia earned 32 points with a first-place finish in the 800 free relay
* Wyckoff reset her school record in the 200 free while breaking her former AMCC Open and Meet records with a time of 1:56.66 in the lead off position for Behrend
* The Behrend Lions are back in action tomorrow for day two of the AMCC Championships. Prelims begin at 10 a.m.