ERIE, Pa. – The Penn State Behrend men's swimming and diving team posted their first program win over Westminster with a 187-109 victory on Saturday in the home opener for the Lions.
Score: Penn State Behrend 187, Westminster 109
Location: Erie, PA | Junker Center Pool
* Chase Bietz (Clearfield, P, A/Clearfield) won three individual events and one relay to help the Lions defeat the Titans for the first time in program history
* Matt Karenbauer (Butler, PA/Knoch), Bietz, Quinn Fischer (Fairview, PA/Cathedral Prep) and Alex Croll (Honolulu, HI/Roosevelt) captured the opening 200 medley relay with less than two seconds to spare in 1:38.25
* Karenbauer took three seconds off his 200 butterfly time from last week to win the event
* Fischer, Jacob Schmidt (Erie, PA/Cathedral Prep), Jacob Eshelman (Franklin, PA/Franklin) and Croll earned the final 11 points for winning the 400 freestyle relay in 3:15.26
* Brady Mattson (Wilmington, DE/Delaware Military Academy) – 1000 freestyle (10:34.27)
* Schmidt – 200 freestyle (1:46.86)
* Bietz – 100 breaststroke (58.38), 200 breaststroke (2:13.32), 200 IM (2:02.72)
* Karenbauer – 200 butterfly (2:02.01), 100 butterfly (53.96)
* Fischer – 50 freestyle (21.90), 100 freestyle (47.92)
* James Connolly (Allentown, PA/Parkland) – 500 freestyle (5:03.97)
* The Lions return to action on Friday at Chatham. Meet begins at 6 p.m.