ERIE, Pa. – Mitchell May (Erie, PA/Harbor Creek) and Noah Colvin (Warren, PA/Warren) were double winners to lead the Penn State Behrend men's tennis team past Pitt-Greensburg 6-3 in Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) action on Saturday afternoon.
Score: Penn State Behrend 6, Pitt-Greensburg 3
Records: Penn State Behrend (1-0, 1-0 AMCC), Pitt-Greensburg (0-1, 0-1 AMCC)
* The Lions capture their season, conference and home opener
* The Bobcats held a 2-1 lead after the doubles matches, but then only tallied one singles match
* May and Colvin teamed up at No. 2 doubles for an 8-6 victory against Chris Marinchek and Terrance Madarish
* May also won at No. 5 singles vs. Francisco Garcia, 6-0, 6-1
* Colvin managed a tiebreaker set win over Madarish at No. 4 singles. He rallied from a 6-0 deficit in the first set to win 6-2, 11-9
* Junior Michael Duckett (Girard, PA/Fairview) registered a 6-2, 6-4 win at No. 3 singles
* Mason Harbaugh (Greensburg, PA/Hempfield) and Matthew Brown (Oviedo, FL) tallied their first collegiate singles victories at No. 2 and 6, respectively
* Harbaugh was a 6-3, 6-4 winner while Brown only surrendered two match points at 6-1, 6-1
* Behrend returns to action on Wednesday at Nazareth in non-conference action. Match begins at 4 p.m.