ITHACA, NY – The Penn State Behrend indoor track & field team competed in the first day of the All-Atlantic Track and Field Championships on Friday.
* The Lions broke two school records in day one of the All-Atlantic championship
* Savanna Carr (Franklin, PA/Franklin Area), Gabriella Loeffler (Pittsburgh, PA/Baldwin), Jenna Shelton (Cabot, PA/Knoch), and Courtney Sargent (Erie, PA/Collegiate Academy) finished sixth in the women's DMR with a school record breaking time of 12:34.17
* Junior Riley Crissman (Bradford, PA/Bradford) placed eighth in the 5000m run while breaking a school record (18:14.12)
* The men's DMR team of Colton Barger (Erie, PA/Collegiate Academy), Eric Stehlik (Northport, NY/Northport), Zachary Tingley (Stoneboro, PA/Lakeview), and Chris Drozynski (Stoneboro, PA/Lakeview) finished seventh with a time of 10:27.59
* In the women's pole vault, Haley Yenchik (Cecil, PA/Canon McMillan) finished fifth out of 17 participants with a height of 3.52m
*Crissman placed eighth in the 5000m run while breaking a school record (18:14.12)
* Matt Michael (Erie, PA/Iroquois) finished in seventh place in the shot put with a throw of 14.62m
* The Lions had four participants in the men's shot put
* Elijah Dangrow (Greenville, PA/Greenville) finished in sixth place followed by Jack Georgetson (Aliquippa, PA/Hopewell) in eighth, Kyle Grimm (Beaver, PA/Beaver Area) in 13th, and Kevin Stebick (Waterford, PA/Fort LeBeouf) in 15th
* The men finished the day in 13th place while the women finished in 12th
* The Behrend Lions will compete again tomorrow in the All-Atlantic Championship.