SLIPPERY ROCK, Pa. – The Penn State Behrend men's track & field team competed in the SRU Open on Thursday at Slippery Rock.
* Michael Cross (Fairview, PA/Fairview) took home third in the 3000m steeplechase, running a 10:43.44
* Chris Drozynski (Stoneboro, PA/Lakeview) tallied fourth place in the 1500m, running a 4:17.02
* Jack Georgetson (Aliquippa, PA/Hopewell), Nick LaChut (Pittsburgh, PA/Baldwin), and Johnathan Wu (Acton, MA/Acton Boxborough) finished seventh, eighth, and ninth in the 100m dash
* In the 800m, Zachary Tingley (Stoneboro, PA/Lakeview) and Colton Barger (Erie, PA/Collegiate Academy) ran second and third respectively with times of 1:58.51 and 2:00.22
* Antonio Stello (Punxatawney, PA/ Punxatawney) qualified for the All-Atlantic meet in the 200m dash, finishing in second place with a time of 22.17
* Braeden Smith (Erie, PA/Seneca) took home second in the high jump with a leap of 1.93m
Remaining Top Finishers:
LaChut – 6th (5.94m)
Ben Wright (Sewickley, PA/Freedom Area) – 7th (1:02.37)
* The Lions will compete in the Behrend Invitational on Saturday.