BUFFALO, NY – The Penn State Behrend men's volleyball team earned their second Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) win with a 3-1 decision over Medaille on Tuesday night at the Sullivan Center.
Score: Penn State Behrend 3, Medaille 1 (25-23, 25-19, 22-25, 25-18)
Records: Penn State Behrend (6-4, 2-0 AMCC), Medaille (0-8, 0-2 AMCC)
* The Lions posted their second straight win against Medaille
* Behrend registered a season-high 18 block assists
* The Lions won the first two sets, before the Mavericks made the match 2-1 with a 25-22 win
* Behrend registered 12 kills on 26 attempts with two errors in the fourth for the victory
* The Lions also used a 13-4 run in the fourth set to erase an early three-point deficit and stay in the lead
* Senior Tyler Herrmann (Cranberry Township, PA/Seneca Valley) was one dig away from a double-double
* Herrmann led with 15 kills and nine digs
* Junior Dillon Hildebrand (Red Lion, PA/Red Lion), the current AMCC Athlete of the Week, added 11 kills and a team-best five blocks
* Senior Anthony Sprentz (Cranberry Township, PA/Seneca Valley) handed out 37 assists on 44 kills
* Senior Joey Reynolds (Saegertown, PA/Saegertown) hit .545 with seven kills on 11 attempts
* The Behrend Lions return to action on Saturday for an AMCC tri-match at Penn State Altoona with Wittenberg. Matches begin at 1 p.m.