ERIE, Pa. – The Penn State Behrend men's volleyball team swept Neumann in their first-ever meeting, 3-0, in non-conference action in the Junker Center on Saturday morning.
Score: Penn State Behrend 3, Neumann (25-10, 25-18, 25-4)
Records: Penn State Behrend (10-6), Neumann (2-14)
* The Lions hit a season-high .407 to sweep the Knights
* Senior Anthony Sprentz (Cranberry Township, PA/Seneca Valley) served five straight points in the middle of the first set to get Behrend a double-digit lead and stay there for a 25-10 win
* In the second, the Lions got six of their final seven points on Neumann errors to win 25-18 and take a 2-0 lead
* Behrend only served five times, getting 13 straight serves from junior Dillon Hildebrand (Red Lion, PA/Red Lion) to take a commanding 19-3 lead
* Sophomore Colin Dedert (Pittsburgh, PA/Plum) had a career-high 13 kills and a .591 attack percentage
* The Lions held Neumann below their average kills per set, allowing just two in the third
* Freshman Matthew Vandeveire (Springfield, VA/West Springfield) dished out a season-best 11 assists
* Junior defensive specialist Marcello Frollo (Penn Hills, PA/Penn Hills) was the only player with double-digit digs from both teams, recording a career-high 10
* Hildebrand recorded three aces to put him seven away from becoming the all-time service aces leader in program history
* The Behrend Lions return to action tomorrow at Wells to take on the Express and the Wilson Phoenix. Matches begin at 1 p.m.