BALTIMORE, Md. - Penn State Behrend used a dramatic finish on Sunday morning to earn a third-place finish at the Collegiate Water Polo Association Division III Eastern Championships. Penn State Behrend outscored Washington & Jefferson College 8-2 in the third and fourth periods, and sophomore Matt Olimski (San Diego, CA/Otay Ranch) scored the game-winning goal with two seconds left to lift the Behrend Lions to a 12-11 victory.
Score: Penn State Behrend 12, Washington & Jefferson 11
* With less than 30 seconds to play in the fourth quarter, Greg Kinzler (Kiski, PA/Agora Charter Cyber School) forced a Washington & Jefferson turnover. Kinzler's steal, his fourth of the game, would set up goalie Matt Olimski's game-winning goal with just two seconds left to play. Olimski also scored a goal at the end of the first period for the Behrend Lions.
* On the day, Isaak Hatopp (Saline, MI/Saline) led the PSB offense with three goals. Hatopp also added three steals.
* Behrend got two goals from each Greg Kinzler, Kyle Frerichs (Sellersville, PA/Pennridge), and Andre Sardaryzadeh (Murrieta, CA/Elsinore) in the win. Kinzler and Frerichs added three and two assists respectively in the game.
* Freshman Austin Hoff (Lake Forest, CA/El Toro) tallied three assists against the Presidents.
* In addition to his two goals, Matt Olimski made 10 saves in goal and also had five steals. Alijah Santangelo (Perkasie, PA/Pennridge) made three saves in goal for the Behrend Lions.
* Sunday's win was the third of the season for PSB.
Hatopp and Olimski Named to DIII Eastern Championships All-Tournament Teams
* Isaak Hatopp earned All-Tournament First Team honors after a strong weekend. Offensively, Hatopp led PSB with 11 goals over three games during the weekend.
* Goalie Matt Olimski landed a spot on the All-Tournament Second team after posting 34 saves and scoring the game-winning goal against Washington & Jefferson.
* Behrend will have a rematch against Washington & Jefferson on Thursday October 18 at 7 p.m. in the Junker Center.